Wednesday 15 April 2020

Favourite Animals

With my Class 4 students I've recently revised the names of animals and introduced them to the comparison of short adjectives in English. I've included a short video, a song, different online games, and a video story about the Short-Necked Giraffe.


The worksheet I've made was my way of checking if and how much they understood the story. I've asked them to submit the screenshot showing the result, and they also shared their comments.


Later, I also asked them to describe their favourite animals and also include where they live, what they eat and what they can do.

The lion is my favourite animal. It lives in Africa. It's the big animal and it's got sharp teeth. It eats meat. It can run very fast to catch antelope. The lion is like a big cat, but it's more dangerous.

Lara Avramov, IV2

My favorite animal is cheetah. Cheetah is the fastest animal in the world. Cheetah is orange and black. It lives in Africa where it hunts small antelopes.

Bogdan Đurović, IV1

My favourite wild animal is a wolf. Wolf is the largest member of a dog family. The banded fur of a wolf is usually mottled with white, brown, gray, and black.

Jovana Karić, IV2

My favourite animal is a parrot. Parrots live in the jungle. They can be of all colors and feed on various seeds. They can fly very fast but not too long. Some parrots can talk.

Ognjen Orašanin, IV2

My favorite animal is a fish. Fish live solely in water. Some live in an aquarium, some in a river, lake, sea ... They can be different colors: yellow, blue, red, colorful. Some are striped, of various shapes and sizes. Some eat algae, some eat worms, flies, and some other fish. I like fish because there are fast ones and there are dangerous ones.

Petar Savić, IV2