Saturday 26 November 2005

My Family (essay)

My name is Tijana. I am the oldest child in my family. 

I have a younger brother. His name is Dejan. He likes to eat a lot and does not like to brush his teeth. He is really annoying. 

My mum’s name is Ljiljana. She works in the police station. Her job is really exciting. 

My dad’s name is Dragan. He is an engineer. He does not like his job and says that it is hard.

Auntie Dragana is my dad’s younger sister. She is married to Svetislav, who is a judo instructor. They have two children – two sons, Mateja and Srđan. Mateja is six. He likes watching cartoons, especially Tom and Jerry. Srđan is two. He is my second favourite cousin. He is practically still a baby. I do not visit them often because they live in Belgrade.

My mum has two brothers, Uncle Đurica and Uncle Željko. Uncle Željko is in America right now, working in a factory there. His wife’s name is Dobrila. They have two children, Jelena and Milica. Jelena is eighteen now. Every time I visit her, we talk about boys and our friends. Milica is five years old. She does not go to school. She likes animals, especially cats. She always tortures my cat.

Uncle Đurica’s wife’s name is Olivera. They have a son. His name is Stefan. He is my favourite cousin. He has a lot of toys and computer games. He is nine, but really smart for his age.

Then, there are my grandparents. I call my dad’s parents ‘Granny’ and ‘Grandpa.’ I do not like to visit them because I do not have friends there. I call my mum’s parents ‘Grandma’ and ‘Grandad.’ I do not like to visit them either because they have a huge dog, and I am scared of him. The dog’s name is Bingo. He can eat twelve pounds of meat.

So, that is my family.

Tijana Kovačević, VII3, November 2005