Saturday 9 May 2020

Tom Jones

Choose two characters to compare and contrast.

The story is about Tom Jones and how he goes through all kinds of things, like his closest friend passing away or him cheating on Sophia. These things make him more mature and wiser.

Tom is a handsome man with blonde hair and brown eyes while Sophia has brown hair and, I think, blue eyes.

Tom is brave, strong and generous. His heart is from gold and has compassion for the poor, which at the time was very uncommon, but his fatal flaw is the lack of good judgement which is proved many times throughout the story.
Sophia is an exemplary woman who listens to her father. She is beautiful both from the inside and out. She is very mature and understands other characters despite her age. She is of strong will.

Tom treats other people nicely but he can be annoying at times. He likes Sophia and most of the people in his circle. Sophia treats other characters with understanding and care but that doesn't mean she won't talk back if you say something bad to her. She likes Tom and other people in her circle.

At first Tom is smart but not mature. As the story progresses, he becomes more mature and at the end he learns to have a better judgment. As the story progresses his dream is to marry the woman of his life, Sophia.
As for Sophia, I can't really say much. At the beginning of the story she is already very mature and smart and her character has already been developed at the beginning of the story, or that's what I think at least.

I've chosen these characters because I can relate to them. I've chosen Tom because he's brave and generous but also because he doesn't have a good judgement, like me. And I've chosen Sophia because she is mature and smart and I can be mature too if I want to.

I think I'm like Tom. Tom is brave and generous and so am I, but isn't too mature and lacks a better judgment, like me. But as the story progresses, he becomes mature and smart, and so will I as I grow up. 

Nemanja Vujin, VIII4