Tuesday 27 November 2007

My Future (article)

Complete the sentences with your own ideas about the future.

When I grow up I want to be ... because ... . When I leave school I think I'll ... and then .... . I ... get married ... . I hope my partner ... . I want to live ... because ... . Most of all in my life I want ... . I don't want to be ... . I ... in the future the world ... . I think that people will ..., but I don't think that ... .


When I grow up I want to be an NBA player, because I love basketball. When I leave school I think I’ll go around the world and play basketball. When I retire I’ll live in Miami. I don’t want to get married before I’m twenty-five. I hope my partner will be good-looking and intelligent. I want to live in Miami, on the beach, because I love big cities and the sea. Most of all, I want to be very happy, famous and rich. I don’t want to be a thief, because I don’t like prisons. I hope in the future the world will be better and cleaner. I think that people will live longer and easier, but I don’t think that aliens will find our planet.

Borislav Tesla, VII2, November 2007


When I grow up, I want to be an English teacher, because I really like English and children. Children are sometimes noisy, but they can be interesting and smart. It’s fun to work with them, because there is always something going on. When I leave school, I want to go to university, and travel to some different towns. I think I’ll go to Novi Sad, and get a job as a teacher there. I don’t want to get married too soon, at least not before I’m twenty-eight. I hope that I will meet someone in Novi Sad and get married there. I hope my partner will be good-looking and intelligent. We’ll plan to have one or two children. I want us to have twins, a boy and a girl. I don’t want to be famous or rich. I just want to be happy. So, I think that I will live in Novi Sad or some other big town. In big towns there are better jobs and interesting people. I hope my dream will come true. I’ll do my best.

Milica Bozitovac, VII2, November 2007