Monday 26 April 2010

My Favourite Sport (articles)

My favourite sport is football. It is exciting and thrilling.
I have played it since I was six. I play it with my friends.
Football is challenging and competitive. That is why I like it.
It is also dangerous because you can easily hurt yourself, like twist your ankle, pull a muscle or something like that.
I like to play football because it will keep me fit and in good shape.

Mihailo Kozomara, VI1, April 2010

My favourite sport is football. I think that football is competitive.
I have played it for five years. I play it at my football club.
Football is good for your health. You can also make a lot of friends.
However, it can be dangerous. You can break your leg. It is expensive, too. You need special shoes and kit, but it is paid well.
I like football because it is thrilling. It makes me feel happy.

Aleksandar Petrović, VI1, April 2010

My favourite sport is soccer, because it is popular.
Soccer is a very challenging and competitive sport.
On the other side, it is very expensive, because of all the gear you must buy. You must have bone protectors, soccer boots and of course a ball for practice.
In this sport you can easily get hurt, because it is very dangerous. You can twist your ankle, break your leg, or even worse.
I love this sport because it is lots of fun and everybody plays it.

Stanislav Šegrt, VI1, April 2010

My favourite sport is karate. I really enjoy it.
I have done it for three and a half months now. It is fun, because you learn a lot of moves for only one hour. And I never get tired! Really rarely. You can meet a lot of new people there. Plus, it is challenging.
But, the bad thing is you can pull your muscles a bit. And it is expensive. The kimono costs around three thousand dinars. Or even more.
But, I love what I do.
By the way, I do karate in the sports centre every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
I really love martial arts, and my favourite one is karate!
See you soon!

Anđela Kovljenić, VI1, April 2010

My favourite sport is basketball. I’ve played basketball since I was eight. I go to the training sessions every weekdays, except Wednesday, from 6pm to 7.30pm. I think it is a very exciting sport.
Basketball has got a lot of good sides. It is good for your health and helps you to be fit. It is a very competitive and challenging sport.
However, there are some bad sides. There are all kinds of injuries, especially twisted ankle and pulled muscle. Also, some exercises are very boring.
Basketball makes me really happy and relaxed and I would recommend it to all.

Aleksa Konstantinov, VI2, April 2010

My favourite sport is tennis. It is a very challenging and exciting sport.
When I play tennis I feel very happy.
I have played it for two years, since 2008.
This sport has good sides, but also some bad ones.
The good side is that it is healthy and the heart of a tennis player is the most developed heart of all other sport players’.
The bad side is that the equipment is quite expensive. You need a racquet, tennis balls and a special outfit. There are also some injuries. You can twist your ankle, for example.
I have trainings on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Sometimes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I play it in a tennis club, but I am not a member of the club.
I like tennis because you must run a lot and I love to run. That is the main reason.

Filip Smiljanić, VI2, April 2010

My favourite sport is volleyball. I have trained it for two years. I like it very much.
I have trainings every weekend for 80 minutes. The training is fun but needs a lot of effort.
Sometimes volleyball can be dangerous. You can pull a muscle or twist your ankle, for example.
This sport is good for girls because they get a beautiful body.
I love this sport because it is challenging, exciting and thrilling.

Doroteja Čikić, VI2, April 2010

My favourite sport is basketball.
I started practising basketball three years ago. I practise basketball three times a week.
In my team there are many good players. We help each other.
I like the matches best. During the match I can show what I have learnt. The game is very exciting.
I’ve got some posters of my favourite basketball players. They are Mc Caleb and Roberts.
My dream is to become the best basketball player. I hope one day it will come true.

Jovana Kojić, VI2, April 2010