Monday 14 June 2021

The Mixed-Up Chameleon

I've recently shared with my youngest ones the book and the animated film about the chameleon which was so bored and unhappy with his own looks that he wanted so much to fit in and look more like other animals he saw in a zoo. To my students' surprise, the chameleon's wishes came true, so he turned into what they called 'a transformer'. They kept on asking why he would do something like that to himself when he was already a cute animal. But, when he was hungry and wasn't able to catch his favourite food - a fly, the chameleon wished he could be himself again and his wish came true. 

As a follow-up, I asked my students to illustrate the moment when the chameleon became all mixed-up. 

We also revised the colours and body parts of different animals.