Thursday 4 April 2024

My Favourite Painting

Do you like going to art galleries or museums? Who is your favorite artist? What are your favorite paintings?

Write an article about your favourite painting for an international magazine.

Organise your work in three paragraphs:

Paragraph 1: What is your favourite painting? When did you first see it? Where? Who painted it? Which art movement does the artist belong to? (impressionism, surrealism, cubism, etc.) When was it created?
Paragraph 2: What type of painting is it? (portrait, self-portrait, landscape, cityscape, still life) What techniques are used? (oil on canvas, watercolour, ink,...) What does the painting show? Describe the atmosphere. What colours and shapes are there?
Paragraph 3: Why do you like the painting? How does it make you feel? 

My favourite painting is Migration of the Serbs. It was painted by Paja Jovanović, one of the greatest Serbian painters.
On the painting, you can see poor Serbs moving from the south of Serbia to Belgrade and Vojvodina. You can also see the leader with a broken arm, and Archbishop Arsenije III Čarnojević. The people in the painting are poor, travelling on horses or on foot. They bring with them food, clothing and some of their animals. The painting makes me feel sad for the people.
The strongest colour on the painting is orange, but there are other darker colours, too.
This is my favourite painting because it shows the history of my country and a lot of emotions. 

Mihajlo Jovanović, VIII1

Something that always reminds me of my childhood is one old painting at my grandma's house.
My special painting does not have a name and we do not know who painted it. It hangs high on a wall in the living room, so when I was little, I would always step up on a chair and stare at it.
On the painting, we can see a river, trees, nature and one yellow house in the middle of nowhere. Everything is a little blurry, so we cannot tell what is exactly on the painting, but I think I saw one dog near the house. The painting represents one windy autumn day. The main colors are yellow, red, orange, blue and green.
I do not know what is so special about that painting, but it left me a core memory. Even nowadays, whenever I visit my grandma, I always have to look at that magic painting. Even though I do not know the name of the painting or who painted it, it will always be my deer mystery. As long as I am here, I will never forget my special painting.

Mia Pavlov, VIII2

My favourite painting is Woman with a Hat. I saw it at an exhibition in an artist's house a few years ago.
It was painted by Henri Matisse in 1905. It is an oil on canvas painting. The painting shows Henri's wife Amelie Matisse. Various colors are mixed which makes the painting more impressive.
I like this painting because the artist painted, and thus showed everyone, the love of his life. When I see that painting, I feel very calm. Henri Matisse is one of my favourite artists because he shows other people how beautiful something is, with shades of delicate colors.

Dragana Francuski, VIII3