Wednesday 8 May 2024

What a Week!

This song is full of unusual activities, great for revising the days of the week and practising the past form of regular verbs:

Oh, what a week, oh, what a week,
Oh, what a terrible, terrible week!

On Monday, my friend Jonathan
Played football with a flea.
On Tuesday, my friend Caroline
Played the violin for me.

On Wednesday night, I watched a film,
And I was really scared.
On Thursday night, an elephant
Climbed on my father's chair!

Oh, what a week...

On Friday after school,
I rode a dinosaur back home.
On Saturday, I phoned my gran,
But her dog ate up her phone.

It's Sunday, and I'm in bed,
I want to stay here all day long,
But then I switch the radio on
And what I hear is this song.

Oh, what a week...

Listen to a mixed group of my Class 4 pupils singing about a terrible week: