Thursday 19 May 2011

A letter of application for a job

Choose one of the job advertisements. Write your letter of application. Try to include the answers to the following questions:
- Who are you writing to?
- Why are you writing the letter?
- Where did you see the advert?
- Who are you? What are you studying?
- Have yu got any work experience?
- What are you like?
- When are you available for an interview?
 
Dear Mr and Mrs Venables,
I am writing to apply for the part-time job in the Village Store.
My name is Emma and I am interested in serving customers and putting things on the shelves. I am fifteen years old and still in my secondary school. Although I have no work experience, I am a very tidy, polite and well organised person. I have all As and Bs at school and I am excellent at physics and maths. I think these are suitable qualities for the position.
I am available for an interview tomorrow at 6pm. Thank you for your consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
Emma Watson

Anđela Kovljenić, VII1, May 2011

Dear Mrs Harris,
I am applying for the position of a dog walker.
I am thirteen years old and I go to primary school. I love dogs and I am a friendly and kind person. I have no work experience, but I think that this job is perfect for me.
I am available for an interview in the evenings. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
Nevena Grubišić

Nevena Grubišić, VII1, May 2011


Dear Mrs Smith,
I am writing to apply for the position of a part-time bookshop assistant.
I am a seventeen-year-old student of secondary school. I am friendly and like to meet new friends. Although I have no work experience, I am a well organised, honest, careful and hardworking person.
I am available for an interview on Saturday at nine o’clock. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
Aleksandar Petrović

Aleksandar Petrović, VII1, May 2011


Dear Mr Jones,
I am writing to apply for the position of a pizza delivery boy. I have a driving licence for motorcycle and for car too. I am a very reliable and friendly person. I would prefer to work in the evenings.
I am available for an interview in the afternoons. Thank you for your consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
Filip Smiljanić

Filip Smiljanić, VII2, May 2011


Dear Mrs Harris,
I am writing to apply for the position of a dog walker as advertised in ‘Saturday’s Gazette’.
My name is Dejan Kovačević and I am fourteen years old. I am a very good student in my primary school. My favourite subjects are Maths and English. I think I will be good for the job because I love dogs. I am a very responsible and reliable person. I think these are suitable qualities for the position.
I am available for an interview in the afternoons. Thank you for your consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
Dejan Kovačević

Dejan Kovačević, VII2, May 2011

Dear Mrs Sharp,
I am writing to apply for the position of a hairdresser’s assistant.
My name is Igor Pavlić. I am a hardworking student, currently studying at primary school. I am thirteen years old. I expect to do well in both English and Maths. Although I have no work experience, I am really patient, honest and friendly. I also like telling jokes. I am really good at making tea and coffee. I think these are suitable qualities for the position.
I am available for an interview in the afternoons. Thank you for your consideration. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
Igor Pavlić

Igor Pavlić, VII2, May 2011