Tuesday 5 October 2021

World Animal Day

On World Animal Day, I wanted to hear my Class 6 pupils' opinion about keeping wild animals in zoos:

I think that we shouldn't keep wild animals in zoos. They should live in their natural environment. We should imagine how we, humans, would feel if we lived our whole lives inside of a little cage, watching animals laughing at us outside the cage and doing nothing about us being trapped, not helping us.
When I was little, I loved going to the zoo because all animals seemed happy and only one or two looked sad. Now, I know why I thought that. Some of them were born in the zoo and they don't have any idea how much they would prefer their natural environment than the zoo, only if they knew what it's like. The ones which are sad probably know how better they could feel right now if they weren't in a zoo.

Jovana Karić, VI2

I think that animals shouldn't be in a zoo because they are trapped there. The ones which are born in the zoo are used to living in a cage, so they don't know how it feels to be free.
I don't like that zoos exchange animals for other animals or sell them. Every living being should be free, in their natural environment.

Lara Avramov, VI2