Wednesday 8 December 2021

Books

As a warm-up  for their presentations of book reviews, I conducted an online poll among my Class 6 pupils which showed that the majority of them like action and adventure books, while some like comics and detective and mystery, and fantasy books.

I also asked them about their favourite time and place for reading books. And, if they could meet their favourite author or hero from a book, who that would be and what they would ask them. 

Here are some of their answers:

My favourite place to read a book is my bed. I like when I get warm and cozy. I also like to read books in my free time.
I would like to meet Uroš Petrović and ask him:
1. How do you get an inspiration to write books?
2. What is your favorite book that you wrote and why?
3. How many books have you written?
4. Were you having fun while you were writing them?

Lara Avramov, VI2

My favourite place to read a book is under a tree when it's a bit windy and sunny. My favourite hero from a book is Hermione Granger. I'd like to ask her these questions:
- How do you always come up with a solution to a problem?
- If you and your friends were in trouble, what would you do? Would you protect them, attack the enemy or think of a solution that would do both?
- Are other students sometimes jealous of you being the best and does it bother you?

Jovana Karić, VI2

Most of all, I like to read early in the morning in my bed in silence. My favorite writer is the author of the book My Grandfather was a Cherry Tree, Angela Nanetti, and the hero - a boy named Tonino.
I would ask Angela:
- How did you come up with the idea to write the book My Grandfather Was a Cherry Tree?
- What's your favourite book?
- Where did you get your inspiration for writing?
I would ask Tonino:
- Who do you prefer, grandma or grandpa, from the village?
- How is the cherry tree today and do you climb it?

Teodora Nikolin, VI2

I like to read books on a couch while it's raining, I would like to meet Cristiano Ronaldo from the book Cristiano Ronaldo: The Rise of a Winner and I would ask him what it is like to be one of the best players in the world.

Marko Vidović, VI2

I like to read books on my bed when I have free time. I would like to meet Siniša Mihajlović from the book God's left foot and I would ask him what was his career like when he always scored with his 'magic' left foot.

Nikola Borić, VI2

My favourite place to read a book is my bed. My favourite writer is Desanka Maksimović. I like to read her books in my free time. And these are the questions I would ask her:
1. Why did you decide to be a writer?
2. What is your favourite book?
3. What is your favourite place to read a book?
4. At what age did you write your first book?

Anja Tunić, VI2