Friday 7 April 2023

Easter 2023

As a warm-up, I asked my Class 2 pupils what comes to their mind when they hear the word Easter. Of course, everyone said colourful eggs, bunny and chocolate, so I asked them to open their notebooks, draw a big egg, write Happy Easter inside, and, then, make a mind map. We drew and added some of the key words, such as: chick, bunny, eggs, basket, chocolate, flower, but also egg hunt and egg roll. Some of them decided to try these games at Easter, too.

Later, I taught them a chant about Easter bunny, and gave them cut-outs, so they enjoyed colouring a paper Easter basket and eggs.


II2

After a similar warm-up and the talk about Easter games in English-speaking countries and our country, my Class 3 pupils learned a modified version of the well-known Easter song about hot cross buns:

Hot cross buns, hot cross buns,
One a penny, two a penny,
Hot cross buns!

If you have no daughters,
Give them to your sons.
One a penny, two a penny,
Hot cross buns!

If you have no sons,
Give them all to me.
One a penny, two a penny,
Hot cross buns!


III2


III3


III1
Everyone, including my older pupils, enjoyed playing the online board game: