Wednesday 24 November 2021

Favourite Sports

Think about your favourite sport. It can be the one you practise or just watch. Write about it in 80-100 words.
Organise your writing into 4 paragraphs:
Paragraph 1: What sport do you like? Is it an individual or a team sport? How long have you played it? Are you good at it? Why is this sport more special than the others?
Paragraph 2: Is it an indoor or outdoor sport? Where do you practise or watch it? How often? Who with? What equipment do you need for this sport? What is its aim? If it's a team sport, how many players are there in each team? How do you get points?
Paragraph 3: What are the good sides of this sport? What are its bad sides? Remember the injuries!
Paragraph 4: Why do you like this sport? How does it make you feel when you do or watch it?

My favourite sport is volleyball. It's a team sport.
There are six players and you play it on the court. You need knee pads, a ball, really tight shorts, a club or team T-shirt.
You play it until you win three sets to twenty-five points. When both teams have win two sets, the fifth set is played.
When I played it, I had lots of fun, I made new friends and most importantly I was healthy. Unfortunately, you can twist your ankle, pull your muscle and sprain your wrist.
I like it because you have fun playing it, it`s healthy, it`s easy to play it and it's relaxing.

Lara Avramov, VI2

My favourite sport is table tennis. This is an individual and sometimes a team sport.
We play it in the gym.
It's a match between two or four players. Every player has a racket and the main goal is to send the ball in opponent's half of the table and that he/she doesn't return it.
One of the good sides is that you can make new friends. The bad side is that you can break your arm or leg.
I have played for 2 months and during this time I have had a great time. I hope I will play table tennis for a long time.

Bogdan Đurović, VI1

My favorite sport is folk dance. A lot of people say that folk dance is not a sport but they are wrong. Folklore is played in a circle. I have been folk dancing for 7 years, and I am good at it. This sport is special because we learn traditional dances, hang out and travel.
We play indoors, three times a week. We wear T-shirts, leggings and ballet flats, and we wear a national costume at concerts. There are no specific numbers of players.
The bad side of this sport is that we jump a lot and we can pull a muscle, and the good thing is that we learn something new.
I love folk dance because we hang out, travel, play and sing.

Marina Veljin, VI1

My favorite sport is volleyball. I have played it for one year. I like team sports because I can play with friends and we have fun.
We play three times a week at Technical School and there are 6 players in a team. My friends and cousin also train volleyball and at weekends we have volleyball competitions.
For volleyball you need a ball and a net and players have to hit the ball over the net.
This sport is nice and it makes us very tall. Unfortunately, we can hurt our knees or hands if the ball is very hard.
I love volleyball because it is a team sport, I meet a lot of friends and I feel nice while playing.

Teodora Čudan, VI1

We all have something that can make us happy even on our worst days. For me, that is my favourite sport, volleyball. I've been playing it for four years. It's a team sport with six players on the court and some on the bench. I am pretty good at it. Even if people think it's basic, it's the only sport or thing that can make me feel the way it does.
It's an indoor sport and I practise it on trainings with my team, but also alone in my garden. I have volleyball practice three times a week. Volleyball may look easy, but believe me, it's not. It's also very complicated with so many rules. The aim is to score points. There are lots of ways to score points, but the most simple one is that you score when the ball touches the opponent's side of the court.
The good sides of this sport are that your arms and legs get much stronger, you get better at focusing and analyzing the situation you're in. For example, if you see that your opponents are a bit farther from the net, you throw the ball weaker, shorter. The bad sides are that you can get hurt very easily, by twisting your ankle, pulling a muscle or if you fall really badly, you can even break your leg or your arm.
I like this sport because it makes me happy, it's exciting and I also like it because you have multiple choices of what you will do next or how to trick the opponent. Volleyball makes me so excited that it feels like some kind of power or electricity going through my body. When I play it, I feel like something is telling me what to do, showing me what to do and if I realize the ball is going to fall, I feel like something is pushing me to start running towards it. I understand that this thing I am describing is most likely me, but I am still thankful to it for always being there for me and helping me everyday.

Jovana Karić, VI2

The sport I do, and also my favourite, is ballet. Ballet is a team sport, because we all have to work as one. I have been dancing ballet for six or seven years, non-stop. I'm very good at it. I remember every name of the combination and jumps. In my opinion, ballet is difficult, and everyone thinks it's easy, but it's even harder than volleyball or football, so, in my opinion, it's more special.
Ballet is an indoor sport, but it can also be outdoors due to various performances.The building where I train ballet is the Cultural Center. There we have two halls, a small and a large one, and one locked room. Both halls have a mirror, a stick for combinations and a piano for the accompanist. For ballet, you need: white tights, leotards, soft and pointed ballet flats.There is no specific number of students, there can be twenty of them in one class, as was the case, but only four of them finished. There are no points, but every June we have an exam where we get a grade from one to four.
The good sides of ballet are that we learn another language, French, since all the combinations are in French, you make a lot of friends and both girls and boys can enroll.The downsides, or disadvantages, are that we get very tired in class and have to arrive early in the morning on some days.The worst injury happened to me last week.We were doing a special reel in the back and we had to bend our head to do it. I ended up with twelve bruises and my left leg was swollen.
I love ballet because it suits me, I have fun during class or while composing choreographies. As I do the combinations, I feel tired and worried. I worry about whether I hold my legs and arms well.

Sara Stepanov, VI2

My favorite sport is water polo. That's what I've been training for three years. Water polo is a team sport played in water between two teams of seven players each. The team with the most goals at the end of the game wins the match. This sport is very good because it develops the whole body.
I have a practice every evening and it lasts two hours. When summer comes, we swim outside.
The advantage of this sport is that in summer you can play it in a lake or in the sea. The downside of this sport is that it's rough. You can't see it when you watch it on TV. There are a lot of cities that don't have an indoor pool, so that's one of the drawbacks.
Water polo teaches you to be a member of a team, to love water and to be strong.

Vukašin Ćurčin, VI1

My favourite sport is volleyball. It is a team sport.
It is played on the court. Volleyball players wear elbow and knee pads. The match lasts three sets. A point is scored when the opponent fails to defend, when the ball hits the net or goes out.
The good side of this sport is that the team consists of a lot of members so you can meet new friends. It is exciting because you don't know how the opponent will play.
It is not an expensive sport because you don't need  a lot of equipment. Possible injuries are a twisted ankle or a broken finger.
Volleyball is my favourite sport because a team has to think like one to play well. I love volleyball the most and that's why I train it.

Iva Todorić, VI2