Saturday 5 December 2015

My Dream Holiday

I like travelling, especially to foreign countries. Some of those places I want to visit are a few cities in Tuscany.
Florence is a beautiful city with nobles' houses, churches, ancient roads, magnificent buildings and other fantastic sights. Near the Arno River is the Medici Palace, the house of Florentine Grand Duke Cosmo. In the square, there is a big statue of David, made by Michelangelo, and the museum  of the famous artist Leonardo da Vinci.
Rome is the capital city of Italy. This city is the cradle of the Italian history. In the centre of the city, there is the Colosseum, gladiators' area. The Tiber Island is a big island near the centre. In the past, you could ride a horse through the city. Rome consists of two parts, the city of Rome and the Vatican City.
The Vatican City is a town-country. It is very small, but very famous because of the Pope, the Catholics' head master. The Pope lives in a beautiful building called Apostolic Palace, or Papal Palace. People also like to visit the Castle of Saint Angel and Saint Peter's Square full of statues.
Tuscany is beautiful, but very expensive. I hope to visit it one day.

Filip Dmitrović VIII3, 3 December 2015 

Dear Noa,
I'm having a fantastic time in Paris. The weather is lovely here, so we spend most of the time outdoors. The hotel where we're staying is magnificent and we're in a room with an amazing view.
We came last Sunday and have already seen a lot of interesting places. Last Friday we went to the Eiffel Tower. The view from the top was fantastic so I took some pictures. After that, mum and I went shopping. We bought lots of clothes and great stuff. 
The Triumphal Arch is breathtaking. I've asked one man to take a picture of us together. The picture turned out great.
We haven't visited the Louvre and haven't seen Notre Dame, yet. We're going there tomorrow. I'm so excited.
We're coming home next weekend, and I can't wait to tell you everything about my trip.
See you soon!
With love,
Daca

Danijela Lisulov VIII3, 3 December 2015

My dream has always been to visit Paris.
Paris is a lovely city. It is like the home of fashion, history, culture and more.
If I ever visited Paris, I would go to the Louvre first. It seems like a beautiful museum. Then, I'd go to Disneyland, which they call 'the home of magic' in a commercial. The Notre Dame Cathedral looked really magnificent in the picture I'd seen. I hope that is what it looks like from the inside.
Paris is the home of fashion. So, shopping in Paris seems like a really good idea.
I would also like to see the Triumphal Arch. That is a beautiful monument.
Visiting the Pantheon is a great idea too. And, of course, how could I forget, the symbol of Paris, the Eiffel Tower.
The bridges on the Seine River are made perfectly. Couples can lock their love on one of the them. I would also like to see that.
Paris is the most beautiful city and it has always been like that to me.

Ninoslava Marinkov VIII1, 3 December 2015

Dear Melissa.
I'm writing from the beautiful city of Vienna, to let you know more things about this city. I hope you'll like them.
It's very hot and sunny and I'm drinking lemonade with my family. We have been here since Friday and have already done lots of interesting things.
Yesterday we went to Schönbrunn Palace. It was so beautiful and very big, with lots of flowers in different colours and shapes around it. My dad told me the history behind this palace. It was very interesting. Then, we went to the zoo, which is located next to the palace. There were lots of animals, from small insects to tall giraffes. My favourite part was when we were feeding small monkeys and took a photo with them. They were so happy.
We haven't visited the St Stephen's Cathedral and the city centre and we haven't been to Prater Park. We're going there tomorrow.
We're coming back on Monday, so then I'll tell you everything that happened to me.
See you soon,
Daniela

Daniela Marton, VIII5

Dear everyone,
We've arrived in Venice. It's the city on water. It's fantastic here. We're going to stay in a nice hotel.
First of all we're going to do a lot of sightseeing. We're going to visit St Mark's Basilica, the church of Santa Maria della Salute, Doge's Palace and the Rialto Bridge. My sister can't wait to go shopping. There are some great shops here.
I'm going to taste as many local dishes as possible, like spaghetti, pizza and lasagna. They say the food in Venice is fabulous. 
Venice is the city of romance. You should come, too.
Talk to you when we get back,
Milan

Milan Jakšić, VIII2