Friday 4 December 2015

A Day to Remember

These days I am looking at my photos from seven years ago. Then, I suddenly remembered my experience at the pool in Ada.
It was a very hot summer. The weather was gorgeous. I went on a trip with my family. My sister and I were swimming in a small pool. All day we were diving, playing volleyball and dive-bombing. I jumped into the water with a swim ring, but  slipped and fell on my head. I was terrified and started struggling. I thought that I was drowning and I gasped for air. Suddenly, I felt someone pulling me out of the water. I was confused and horrified at the same time. My heart was beating rapidly. I was in my father's arms and I felt safe.

Tijana Varađanin, VIII2

One of the best days of my life was when I played a game for the selection of Vojvodina.
About a year ago, my coach chose me to be one of two players who would represent my team in a match in Novi Sad, where the best young players from Vojvodina were divided. 
The coach of the best football team gave us a few pieces of advice about strategy and decided who should play in which position. I was very nervous because I knew it was important to play well. But, when I got out on the field, I forgot everything and started playing the best I could. 
In the second half of the match, I scored a goal. After the match, the coach of the selection gave me a present. I was the best player of the match! 
I could not believe all that was true. The newspapers wrote about this. It was a really special day for me.

Viktor Molnar, VIII2

I think that I will not forget that day for a long time. 
It was very nice weather and my friends and I went to catch some fish. Early in the morning we took our bikes and went for a ride. During our ride a few dosg were chasing us. We were lucky, we were faster.
After half an hour, we found a place near the water. Suddenly, stormy clouds came. There was lightning and hard thunders, followed by heavy rain. We did not know where to go. We saw a house. With no doubt, we agreed that it would be our shelter. When we arrived, there was a big surprise waiting for us. Those few dogs also came there. We did not say a word. the dogs were also quiet. we were all wet and not in the mood to argue.

Bojana Groza, VIII4

There is a day I will always remember, because my female dog named Luna gave birth to her six puppies.
My dad noticed that Luna had had a  big stomach. We thought she was just overweight. It turned out very soon that she was just pregnant. 
Finally, the day when she gave birth to her puppies came. Her labour started early in the morning and I was next to Luna until it was time to go to school. Unfortunately, I was in the morning shift that week. Luckily, my dad was at home the whole morning, right by Luna's side. Around noon two veterinarians came to assist with the labour. I came back home around 1 p.m. and rushed to Luna immediately. The moment I saw six cute puppies a few tears of joy ran down my cheeks. It was love at first sight.
It was a beautiful day to me and my family because our dog Luna became a proud mother. Every time I think of this day, my heart feels lovely.

Emilija Mijandžić, VIII4

You think that nothing bad could happen to you? Bad things happen to other people. But don't be so sure. I found that out last Friday.
I was coming home with my mum from the doctor's. When we arrived, I smelt smoke. Then we heard our neighbour shouting for help. we ran outside and saw the neighbour trying to enter his house but he couldn't from all the smoke and fire. My mum called the firefighters. The neighbour said that they should better hurry because there was a butane bottle inside. I was scared that it would explode.
The firefighters came and put out the fire. The neighbour said that he wanted to bake some meat, but his neighbour called him to have some coffee and when he came back, the house was on fire.
I'm glad that I survived and because the butane did not explode. I'm a bit shocked, but ok.

Jožef Horvat, VIII5