Saturday 5 May 2012

My Dream Job (narrative essays)

Write an essay about your dream job. The following questions might help you:
- What's the perfect job for you?
- Why do you want to do that job?
- What qualifications do you need?
- What do you have to do every day if you have that job?
- Is there anything about that job you wouldn't enjoy?

Many years ago, when I was a small child, I admired adventures. I think that since I breathed in for the first time and felt the ground underneath my feet, when for the very first time I looked at the night sky and its many eyes, I wished to live the life of an adventurer. To stride the deserts, to explore the jungles, to wander through the lost cities and to dive into the deep darkness of the ocean I find extremely exciting. My wish is to be an adventurer.

To be an adventurer you need some qualities. You need to know how to get out of some risky and dangerous situations. You need to know how to survive. It would also be recommended to know how to sail, because a good sailor is a good adventurer. What is more, the most epic adventures are found on the sea.

The best thing about going on an adventure is that it is really exciting, filled with thrill and danger. And, I know it is a bit cliche, but danger is my middle name. Another good thing about adventure is the sights you see, the beautiful forests, and the castles... so many wonderful castles that have numerous ancient tales about knights and dragons.

But like every human has his disadvantages, going on adventures has its bad sides too. In all the thrill and danger, many have lost their lives.

And so 'through the darkness and night a beam of light appears and the Dovahkiin comes,' as the legend says. One day, a man shall appear and repel all the evil, he'll kill all the foes of his land. But more importantly, he will win, he will conquer all the obstacles and get to his goal. And, by following his steps, I will become an adventurer for sure.

Rastko Zamurović, VIII2, 3 May 2012

I have always dreamed about being a pilot. It is a job that I have liked since I was a kid. The aeroplanes are very important in the modern world. I find them interesting and I appreciate the people who fly them because it is a very serious and responsible job.

The good sides of the job are a unique experience and a thought that you are doing something important for all the people on the plane.

The bad side is the huge responsibility for everyone on the plane.

For this job it is very important to be in a good shape. You should also be perfectly healthy and have a considerable responsibility for all the people on the plane. You really need to be a mentally stable person.

Not all the people can be pilots. As I get to know about this job more, I'm starting to believe that you have to be born for it. I hope that one day my dream will come true and I will be flying in the sky just like I have always dreamed. I also love this job because I love the blue colour of the sky.

Dejan Škorić, VIII1, 3 May 2012

As a little kid I always liked computers and wanted to work at them. I wanted to be a programmer.

Lots of members of our generation would like to have this fun job.

As far as skills are concerned, you only need the basic programming stuff. You need to know which programme you should use, what codes you should type and at last you need to have a good computer for it.

The good qualities include your ability to make all kinds of games you can enjoy. You can also make programmes for a computer to do all the filing for you and much more.

For bad qualities, I can only say that you can damage your eyesight.

The reasons why you should do this job is mainly because it is a lot of fun and comfortable, and you can enjoy yourself each day you work.

Dejan Kovačević, VIII2, 3 May 2012

My dream job is to work in the army.

To be able to work in the army you need really good grades and physical abilities.

There are good and bad sides of army life. Some of the good sides are when you learn to defend yourself, to swim, to drive a truck, or to shoot from all weapons. It is real fun when you can go to lots of places like mountains or a desert.

But one of the scariest things in the army is when you jump from an aeroplane with a parachute. However, when you overcome your fear, it becomes really exciting. On the other hand, we are always on some missions or trips. The payment is good, though.

However, we spend really little time with our families.

I have chosen this job because I love the army, weapons and of course jumping with a parachute. One of the beautiful things is when you march with your friends.

I would recommend everybody to join the army, because, after all, you will meet friends for the whole life and they will help you with everything.

Aleksa Rosić, VIII2

Since I was little I've liked to travel, meet new people and talk. I guess that is why I have always wanted to be a tour guide.

For this job you need to know at least one foreign language. English is especially required. You need to be talkative, which also means that you have to be very sociable. You need to know geography and what is very important the parts of history, which I find very interesting. You need to know how to do simple tasks on the computer and how to deal with lists and papers, because this job also includes organising.

What I like most about this job is the fact that it has more good than bad sides. The job includes travelling, seeing all the beauty in the nature, in magnificent things all around the world. It brings excitement and joy. Being in contact with people is something I find great. Making new friends can always take you somewhere else.

The bad side of this job is responsibility, I think. You are responsible for all the people you guide, for the papers and good holiday time.
My mum has always said that I was born for this job. As I am growing older I can see that she is right. One day, I would like to go. see all the places on the Earth and say that I have been everywhere! I want to learn new languages, make more friends and enjoy my life with having the job as a tour guide.

Teodora Stankov, VIII1

My dream job is to be a fashion designer.

Designers need to be very creative and to show a developed skill in aesthetic assessment. Also, it is very important to have a sense of technical problems and space. They have to be precise in their work. It is desirable to draw well, to love collaboration with other people and to be communicative and willing to work long hours and occasionally forgo the rest.

The advantages of this job are: travelling around the world, meeting other designers, etc.

One of the disadvantages is not having the time for the others and yourself. This job requires a lot of hard work.

Why, then, is this job my dream job? Well, I adore fashion, love creating things and I have enough imagination for this job. Simply, this is something that I love and something I could do all my life.

Nevena Grubišić, VIII1, 3 May 2012

Everyone has passion for something. Some have passion for sports, others for music, but very few of them for animals. My dream job is to become an animal cop, to work at The RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals).

To become an RSPCA inspector you must be physically fit, including the ability to swim. You must be patient and hardworking in order not to make mistakes.

The advantage of this job is living for better tomorrow for animals and also hoping that one day humans and animals can live in harmony.

The disadvantage is that more than 50% of the animals brought to RSPCA shelter do not survive. We must remember that very few people like working with animals and that we are fighting for the animals’ safety and better living conditions. That is the reason why I would like to work at the RSPCA shelter.

Milica Marić, VIII2

I’m going to finish primary school soon and I have to make a decision what to do in the future. I don’t need a lot of time to decide about my future occupation. I’d like to be a pharmacist.

Skills of hands and fingers, fast counting and the love for chemistry are required. I have all those qualities. A pharmacist has to know all the drugs, their chemical reactions, their ingredients and how to use and keep them.

The advantage is that the job is clean, human and nice. You work in a lab, pharmacy and pharmacy shop.

Disadvantage is that you can ruin your health and to prevent this you must wear protective equipment.

I like this job because it is clean and I want to help kids and people to save their health.

Denis Nastovski, VIII2
I dream of becoming a physicist and working at CERN, the European nuclear research facility.

It is situated in Geneva, Switzerland. Only the most intelligent scientists in the world are hired. These are physicists, software engineers, mechanical engineers and other scientists. To get hired there, a person must be very smart, of course, and very hardworking.

In CERN I would do the things beyond anyone's imagination, discovering new particles, unrawelling the world's greatest mysteries and answering the biggest questions. Antimatter and tonnes of subatomic particles, for which electrons are as huge as a planet to us, were discovered there, theories proven.

They have the world's biggest particle accelerator LHC or the Large Hadron Collider, which can create particles like antimatter out of nothing. But, experimental physics and particle physics are very dangerous. The LHC can show us the birth of the Universe, create a new one out of nothing in the shape of two particles, matter and antimatter. Imagine what would happen if something went wrong!

The leading scientist there is Stephen Hawking, who has a new unifying theory of everything, the String theory, which unites Einstein's theory of relativity and quantum theory and which is based on twenty-six dimensions!

It is my dream job because there I would be able to build the future and answer the questions about the universe.

Filip Ivetić, VIII3, 3 May 2012

I would like to be a police officer.

A police officer should be in a good physical and mental condition. He should run fast, be strong and well-trained so he could do complex physical tasks. The tasks include chasing the villains or fighting them.

A police officer must also be fearless and skillful so he could be good in dangerous situations. He should also be very careful and not involve his emotions.

Police officers help the innocent people who get in trouble and do something good for the world.

Another reason why I would like to be a police officer is that I would have the power to bring the order and justice to this chaotic world. So, I truly hope that my dream will come true some day.

Milan Reljin, VIII3