Wednesday 16 May 2012

The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins (reading activities)

Describe Blake's life ten years later in a letter to one of the other characters


Dear Mr Murthwalte,

After these ten years, the life has been much better for Rachel and me. My job as an investigator has been great and I am really enjoying it. Though I doubt that I will ever have such a case as 'the Moonstone' again. In a way, that is good. That event has taught me much about life and people.

That was sure the most intense experience in my whole life. I am well aware of it. After all that has happened, life blessed Rachel and me with a beautiful daughter, Stephanie. One day, when she is old enough to understand all the decisions and consequences of the event, I will tell her the whole story. 

I hope that you are okay now. Your decision to visit India again must have brought you many memories and flashbacks. 

I understand that travelling brings you joy. So, send us a letter from afar and interesting countries sometimes. Good luck wherever you go. 

Your thankful friend,

Franklin Blake

Dobrila Bokan, VIII1, May 2012